HBase >> mail # user >> Failing to diagnose errors using HBaseTestingUtility

Re: Failing to diagnose errors using HBaseTestingUtility

On Apr 4, 2012, at 1:43 PM, Stack wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Noah Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Doh! Not sure how i missed that. Thank you. My tests are now reported as being run successfully, but there are still many exceptions that are/look concerning. I'd really like to resolve these to keep the logs clean, but at the very least, knowing that they harmless would be acceptable :) -- Any thoughts? I saw something similar in an old JIRA about setting umask to 0022, which looked related, but I've never dealt with MXBean errors before.
>>

> Is this trunk?  Looks like the exceptions don't kill your test but

I don't think so? These test are run without a live HBase installation. So all the dependencies are brought in from the default Maven repository. Does that answer your question?

> please file an issue to clean them up.  What JVM are you on?

nwatkins@kyoto:~/projects$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_23"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11pre) (6b23~pre11-0ubuntu1.11.10.2)

Could this be a sore point? Perhaps Oracle might behave better?