Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] 0.23.3 release

Re: [VOTE] 0.23.3 release
Thanks for the info Owen I was not aware of that, I can see at the
beginning of the twiki
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToReleasePostMavenization that it is kind
of implied by the skip this section comment.  But, I was just confused
because to do an official release I need to change the version number in
several different places, and I didn¹t think that is was all that kosher
to do that directly in the tags area.  It also seems to be a bit different
then what is happening on branch-2.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-2/

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-2.0.1-alpha/

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-2.0.2-alpha/

I was planning on deleting the branch once the vote for 0.23.3 finished,
but I can delete it now if you would prefer and the roll back the version
numbers on branch-0.23 to be 0.23.3? Or would it be 0.23.3-SNAPSHOT still?
 I also want to be sure that we want to not allow anyone to check anything
in for a week+ on branch-0.23.  There are a few things I know of that are
almost ready but are not Blockers.

--Bobby