MapReduce >> mail # user >> Can Hadoop replace the use of MQ b/w processes?

Re: Can Hadoop replace the use of MQ b/w processes?
There has been some work to replace the use of queues with HBase.
This would be used to feed processes off the queue to help balance out the load on the cluster.

In one specific use case, this was effective because the time spent processing each mapper.map() iteration is a couple of orders of magnitude as the time it takes to pull the data from the 'queue' and to each node for processing.

Again, YMMV, it is an interesting hack though....