HBase >> mail # user >> deleteOnExit when JVM shutsdown non gracefully

+
Asaf Mesika 2013-04-10, 09:30
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-10, 11:40
Re: deleteOnExit when JVM shutsdown non gracefully
Perhaps we can simply unlink the file after load. On *nix the OS would GC
the file data after the JVM process terminates and the filehandles are
closed. Of course this won't work on Windows. (But I don't care about that.)

We added a change such that now all coprocessor jars are brought locally to
a specific directory that can be specified in hbase-site.xml. Placing them
in hbase.tmp.dir inflexibly would be a step backwards, although I believe
that is a default. -1 on the suggestion to automatically clear
hbase.tmp.dir, people actually run with that when first evaluating hbase
sometimes, it would be an unwelcome surprise to nuke their test data. All
of the scenarios you mention are unclean/exceptional shutdowns, perhaps it
makes sense to add a note in the book so ops folks can be aware that dead
coprocessor jars might collect in those cases.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)