Accumulo >> mail # user >> Can WholeRowIterator be used with AccumuloInputFormat?

Can WholeRowIterator be used with AccumuloInputFormat?
I have a schema that looks something like:

ROW                       CF            CQ
123_123_1234_000  RECID=13  XXX=BEEF
123_123_1234_000  RECID=13  YYY=BAR
999_123_1999_000  RECID=51  XXX=HAM
999_123_1999_000  RECID=51  FOO=BAR

My goal is to find the domain values for the XXX 'field'. My
map-reduce job succeeds at doing this using the standard iterators.
I'm wondering if using the WholeRowIterator might be a better
approach. Or perhaps there is another way (beyond a custom iterator)?