Hive >> mail # user >> Metastore question

Re: Metastore question
Yes, the property name is misleading. The DATA is stored under that
directory (for managed tables, as opposed to external tables where you
explicit tell Hive the location). The METADATA is stored in MySQL (or other
database).

--
*Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
thinkbiganalytics.com