Kafka, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] git as the primary data source

[DISCUSS] git as the primary data source
Chris Burroughs 2012-07-26, 15:39
It came up in the 0.7.2 thread that with the number of parallel branches
git may be preferable to svn for our current and future workflow.  I'd
like to gauge interest in possibly switching from svn to git.

Currently INFRA can provide read/write git hosting at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/.  Repository list:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf To summarise there are a few
caveats:
 * Support is less polished than svn, and any problems may take longer
to fix.
 * Someone from migrating projects ought to volunteer to assist INFRA if
needed (I volunteer).