Hive >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive

+
Alan Gates 2012-11-02, 20:52
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-05, 04:35
+
Alan Gates 2012-11-06, 17:55
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-07, 04:06
+
Alan Gates 2012-11-12, 17:02
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-15, 06:22
+
Alan Gates 2012-12-03, 23:22
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-12-13, 19:59
+
Travis Crawford 2012-12-14, 01:31
+
Namit Jain 2012-12-14, 03:59
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-12-14, 18:05
+
Alan Gates 2012-12-18, 21:13
+
Travis Crawford 2012-12-19, 01:36
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-12-19, 19:33
+
Namit Jain 2012-12-20, 04:23
+
Ashish Thusoo 2012-12-20, 13:58
Re: [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive
> Would the project not benefit in the long run if Hcat is
> brought in and some day becomes the default metastore for Hive.
Folks, can we please try to keep this straight? HCatalog on its own does
not provide any support for metadata. It is a set of wrapper APIs that make
Hive's metastore and serdes accessible to Pig and MR. I think these
wrappers provide a lot of value, and I'm eager to see them merged into
Hive, but I'm dreading the marketing campaign that I suspect will follow:
"Hive now supports metadata thanks to HCatalog!".
+
Ashish Thusoo 2012-12-20, 23:56
+
Bhandarkar, Milind 2012-12-27, 05:22