HDFS, mail # dev - VOTE: HDFS-347 merge

+
Colin McCabe 2013-02-17, 21:48
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-18, 02:35
Stack 2013-02-18, 01:49
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-18, 22:03
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 00:11
Patrick Angeles 2013-02-20, 18:08
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-20, 19:56
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-20, 23:01
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 23:06
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 23:06
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-20, 23:08
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 23:13
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-20, 23:31
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-20, 23:40
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-21, 00:04
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-21, 00:12
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-21, 00:28
Chris Douglas 2013-02-21, 00:29
Aaron T. Myers 2013-02-21, 01:12
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-21, 15:40
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-21, 01:32
Chris Douglas 2013-02-21, 21:24
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-21, 22:15
Eli Collins 2013-02-22, 21:55
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-23, 02:32
Aaron T. Myers 2013-02-23, 02:40
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-24, 00:23
Eli Collins 2013-02-25, 18:24
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-02-25, 20:50
Eli Collins 2013-02-25, 21:16
Chris Douglas 2013-02-25, 21:50
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-26, 00:09
Eli Collins 2013-02-26, 00:39
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-26, 17:33
Eli Collins 2013-02-26, 19:24
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-26, 19:35
Eli Collins 2013-02-26, 21:51
Chris Douglas 2013-02-27, 00:52
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-27, 01:09
Colin McCabe 2013-03-05, 20:24
Suresh Srinivas 2013-03-05, 21:09
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-03-05, 23:08
sanjay Radia 2013-02-27, 19:45
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-27, 20:06
+
Colin McCabe 2013-02-27, 23:28
Re: VOTE: HDFS-347 merge
Eli Collins 2013-02-27, 23:42
+1

It sounds like restoring 2246 to the 347 patch is the only path
forward (ie there will be zero compromise on a proposal that removes
2246 in any form) in which case this seems like a good way to
implement that (similar to what Sanjay suggested earlier). We can have
a separate jira for removing 2246 and/or adding Windows support to
347, and move the discussion about how long 2246 should last, and in
what branches there.
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Colin McCabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here is a compromise proposal, which hopefully will satisfy both sides:
> We keep the old block reader and have a configuration option that enables it.
>
> So in addition to dfs.client.use.legacy.blockreader, which we already
> have, we would have dfs.client.use.legacy.blockreader.local.
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> best,
> Colin
>

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> It is not being held back of for the windows port. It is being held back because 2246 should not be removed as part of 347; a separate jira should had been filed to remove it.
>>
>> This isn't about just having a separate jira though right?  We could
>> easily pull the change out to two jiras (one removes 2246 and then
>> next adds 347), they weren't separated because the goal for 347 was to
>> be a re-write of the same feature (direct reads).  You commented on
>> 2246 that it is a temporary workaround for 347, do you no longer feel
>> that way?  Your reply to ATM made it seem like this was something that
>> we'd be maintaining for a while (vs being a stopgap until 347 adds
>> Windows support).
+
Chris Douglas 2013-02-27, 23:29
+