HDFS >> mail # user >> Uber Job!

+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-06, 14:45
+
yypvsxf19870706 2013-05-06, 15:25
+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-06, 15:31
Split creation is primarily InputForma's responsibility, IMHO. It's good if
splits overlap with the block, but it's not always true.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was going through the definition of Uber Job of Hadoop.
>
> A job is considered uber when it has 10 or less maps , one reducer and the
> complete data is less than one dfs block size.
>
> I have some doubts here-
>
> Splits are created as per the dfs block size.Creating 10 mappers are
> possible from one block of data by some settings change (changing the max
> split size). But trying to understand , why would some job need to run
> around 10 maps for 64 MB of data.
> One thing may be that the job is immensely CUP intensive. Will it be a
> correct assumption? or is there is any other reason for this.
>
> Thanks,
> Rahul

+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-06, 15:12