MapReduce >> mail # user >> Avoid Killing of YARN container on excess virtual memory usage

Avoid Killing of YARN container on excess virtual memory usage
Hi,

  Is there a way we can ask the YARN RM for not killing a container when it
uses excess virtual memory than the maximum it can use as per the
specification in the configuration file yarn-site.xml? We can't always
estimate the amount of virtual memory needed for our application running on
a container, but we don't want to get it killed in a case it exceeds the
maximum limit.

  Please suggest as to how can we come across this issue.

Thanks,
Kishore