Hadoop, mail # user - Regarding security in hadoop

Re: Regarding security in hadoop
Owen O'Malley 2012-01-30, 16:10
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:45 AM, renuka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> As per the below link security feature‚ÄĘSecurity (strong authentication via
> Kerberos authentication protocol) is added in hadoop 1.0.0 release.
> http://www.infoq.com/news/2012/01/apache-hadoop-1.0.0

Actually, it was first released in the 0.20.203.0 release.

> But we didnt find any documentation related to this in 1.0.0 documentation.

It would be great if someone setup a nice how-to page. You can use the
old instructions from here:

http://yahoo.github.com/hadoop-common/installing.html

You can also get some of the motivation for security over here:

http://hortonworks.com/category/apache-hadoop/hadoop-security/

-- Owen