Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch

+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-14, 16:55
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-15, 03:02
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-15, 03:45
+
Mike Drob 2013-10-15, 02:24
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-15, 03:37
+
Ted Yu 2013-10-15, 02:29
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-10-15, 03:57
+
dlmarion@... 2013-10-15, 12:16
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-15, 15:16
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-15, 15:20
+
Joey Echeverria 2013-10-15, 15:28
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-18, 05:29
+
Sean Busbey 2013-11-12, 14:22
+
Josh Elser 2013-11-12, 19:12
+
Sean Busbey 2013-11-12, 20:24
+
Josh Elser 2013-11-12, 20:48
+
Sean Busbey 2013-11-12, 21:26
+
Josh Elser 2013-11-12, 21:49
+
William Slacum 2013-11-12, 19:28
+
Sean Busbey 2013-11-12, 20:28
+
William Slacum 2013-11-12, 21:14
Re: Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch
herp, ignore that "As a side note" line. I was crafting something else and
came back later. Forgot to clean it up.
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM, William Slacum <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The language of ACCUMULO-1795 indicated that an acceptable state was
> something that wasn't binary compatible. That's my #1 thing to avoid.
>
> > Maybe expressly only doing a binary convenience package for
> > 0.20.203.0?
>
> If we need an extra package, doesn't that mean a user can't just upgrade
> Accumulo?
>
> As a side note, 0.20.203.0 is 1.4,
>

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey+[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:28 PM, William Slacum <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > A user of 1.4.a should be able to move to 1.4.b without any "major"
>> > infrastructure changes, such as swapping out HDFS or installing extra
>> > add-ons.
>> >

>> Right, exactly. Hopefully no part of the original plan contradicts this.
>> Is
>> there something that appears to?
>>

>> --
>> Sean