Hive >> mail # user >> Re: Book 'Programming Hive' from O'Reilly now available!

+
Navis류승우 2012-10-10, 09:06
+
Alexander Lorenz 2012-10-10, 09:23
Re: Book 'Programming Hive' from O'Reilly now available!
Read the book cover to cover.

I feel like so many different areas have been filled in with my Hive
knowledge. WONDERFUL book.

One question:  With RCFile, does Block compression with GZIP work like
SequenceFiles where by using RCFILE + BLOCK + GZIP you actually get some of
the benefits of splitable compresses  due to how the records are compressed?

(The reason for the question is that was one question I had after reading
the sections on Sequence files and RCFile)