Flume >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.3.0

+
Brock Noland 2012-11-12, 00:27
+
Mike Percy 2012-07-11, 11:57
+
alo alt 2012-07-11, 12:36
+
Ralph Goers 2012-07-11, 18:38
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-07-12, 06:11
+
Mubarak Seyed 2012-07-12, 08:03
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-07-12, 08:26
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-07-12, 14:04
+
Mike Percy 2012-07-12, 18:34
Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.2.0 (rc1)
Thank you sir,
I appreciate your effort. As I mentioned originally, I do not consider either of those as a blocker - you've already got my +1 :-)

Jarcec

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:34:55AM -0700, Mike Percy wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 7:04 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
> > 1) Both tar.gz archives contain same folder. Would be nice if the folder
> > would be the same as the archive name minus the suffix. E.g. so that
> > archive apache-flume-1.2.0-bin.tar.gz would contain directory
> > apache-flume-1.2.0-bin instead of apache-flume-1.2.0.
> >

> I looked into changing the build to generate files with this layout,
> however I didn't see an easy way with the current setup. I punted on this
> to reduce the number of manual steps involved in a release and therefore
> reduce the likelihood of making a mistake.
>
> 2) LICENSE file is the some for both source and binary distribution. As a
> > result the source distribution contain license notes to jars that are no
> > part of the source release. It's little bit confusing.
> >

> I added the following text to the LICENSE file in order to indicate when
> the licenses apply, and I checked the changes into trunk to reduce the
> manual steps required of the RM during a release:
>
> "The *compiled* Apache Flume distribution includes the following
> sources/binaries. The use of these sources/binaries is subject to the terms
> and conditions of their respective licenses." (my emphasis)
>
> Regards,
> Mike
+
Mike Percy 2012-07-12, 18:25