Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc2

+
Arun C Murthy 2011-11-03, 09:35
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2011-11-04, 18:17
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-11-04, 22:55
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc2
--------------1. Signatures look OK.--------------2. One of the POMs
has a reference to 0.23.0-SNAPSHOT
POM: ./hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-app/pom.xml
Line 115: <symlink link="${applink.base}-0.23.0-SNAPSHOT.jar"
I'm not sure how this affects the build.--------------3. Source builds
and creates a distribution (minus all manual steps)--------------4.
Started unsecured single node and run a couple of examples and used
webconsole.--------------
+1 (if #2 is not an issue)
Thanks.

Alejandro
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Mahadev Konar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> +1. Downloaded the release. Signatures look fine.
>
> Set it up on a single node (un secure) and ran randomwriter/sleep
> jobs. Looks fine to me.
>
> thanks
> mahadev
>
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Alright, repeated my previous exercise with the RC. For both the source and
>> binary artifacts
>>  - Signatures and message digests: Good
>>  - LICENSE, NOTICE and a README.txt: Good
>>  - CHANGES.txt for the three sub-projects: Nested inside but good.
>>  - releasenotes.html: Nested inside again, but good.
>>  - Compiled the bintar from the expanded sources artifact, and verified
>> that build runs fine.
>>
>> Testing: Same tests, secure mode, on a single node.
>>  - Started HDFS daemons in secure mode running as 'hdfs' user, created
>> directories.
>>  - Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager and NodeManager -
>> running as 'mapred' user.
>>  - With a replaced 32-bit LinuxContainerExecutor binary, ran wordcount,
>> pi, sort, grep as a user different from hdfs/mapred and they all succeed.
>>
>> Alpha it is, but helps to get folks on-boarded sooner than later.
>>
>> With that, here's my +1 for this release candidate.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> +Vinod
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I've created a new release candidate (rc2) for hadoop-0.23.0 that I would
>>> like to release:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-0.23.0-rc2
>>>
>>> I've incorporated f/b about the previous RC (rc1) and fixed license
>>> headers and also published signed jars to Apache staging maven repo.
>>>
>>> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Arun

+
Tom White 2011-11-09, 00:18