HBase >> mail # user >> Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.GetJavaProperty

+
zenbowman 2013-06-03, 17:20
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-06-03, 17:22
+
zenbowman 2013-06-03, 17:27
Re: Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.GetJavaProperty
Can you try to start it right after the extraction? Don't even modify anything.

Extract, export JAVA_HOME, run.

If this is working, we will take a look at why you configuration below
is not working.

You can also update the JAVA_HOME in hbase-env.sh.

JM

2013/6/3 zenbowman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi Jean-Marc,
>
> I downloaded the tarball, extracted it, modified the conf/hbase-site.xml as
> follows:
>
> /
> <configuration>
>
>   <property>
>     <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
>     <value>/home/psamtani/dev/hadoop/hbase-data/hbase</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>
>     <value>/home/psamtani/dev/hadoop/hbase-data/zookeeper</value>
>   </property>
>
> </configuration>
> /
>
> And then tried to start hbase