HDFS, mail # user - Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop

Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop
Raj Hadoop 2013-04-29, 20:47
Hi,

In 5 node cluster - you mean

Name Node , Job Tracker , Secondary Name Node all on 1
        64 GB Ram ( Processor - 2 x Quad cores Intel  , Storage - ? )

Data Trackers and Job Trackers - on 4 machies - each of
        32 GB Ram ( Processor - 2 x Quad cores Intel  , Storage - ? )

NIC ?

Also - what other details should I provide to my hardware engineer.

The idea is to start with a Web Log Processing proof of concept.

Please advise.