HBase >> mail # user >> exportSnapshot MISSING_FILES

Re: exportSnapshot MISSING_FILES
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 5:27 AM, Adrian Sandulescu <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's Apache Hadoop, but I see multi-part upload is in the works for this as
> well.

I didn't know about this ticket. That's a very good thing to have in
Apache. In the mean time, does EMR run a hadoop version close to yours? If
they do, and you're feeling brave enough, you can try a franken-build. Grab
the appropriate hadoop jar from an EMR deployment and deploy it on your
cluster. I dunno what else this might pull in though.

Another solution would be to limit the size of the HFiles to 5GB, but I
> don't know yet what effect this would have on cluster performance.

If that's you're only option, that's you're only option. Once the snapshot
is hydrated from S3, you can always compact your table to clean things up.

Good luck!
-n