HBase, mail # dev - 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues
Stack 2013-06-24, 16:53
Let me freshen up this thread.  Let me also petition that we as a project
renew our committal to pushing out 0.96.  We are almost there.  Lets do one
last 'Development Release', a 0.95.2, and then a 0.96 release in August?

Here is how I see it.  Please feel free to add/pushback:

+ There are no blockers [1], just a few criticals, a few of which we should
at least fix: failed hadoop2 unit tests, replication fixup, etc. (The
migration polishing should probably be a blocker).  Is the list of issues
against 0.95.2 up-to-date?  Do all agree the list of criticals complete?
 Are there any blockers lurking?  Please speak up if there is anything we
need include.
+ From Enis's list below, to be done still is namespaces and finishing
distributed log replay. IMO, distributed log replay should not hold up
0.96.  We can turn it on whenever it is done.  Namespaces is the long pole
and progress seems slow.  Do we hold up the release for them?  How can we
hurry this effort along?  Swat team descends on Y!?
+ Is anyone testing?  Integration tests fail on ec2 build from time to time
[2].  Our Elliott dug in on one of the failures a few days back and found
legit issue w/ no retry on admin tasks (I heart hbase-it tests).  Our unit
test story is better [3] but there are still the odd failures.
+ The build is still not baked; publishing a different hbase for hadoop1
and hadoop2 is still not done (This is my charge).

Your 0.96 RM,
St.Ack
1.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12320040#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-issues-panel