Avro, mail # user - how to fill in an array (list) from java

+
Robey Pointer 2010-04-08, 04:20
Re: how to fill in an array (list) from java
Bruce Mitchener 2010-04-08, 04:24
Is this useful to you?

http://code.google.com/p/thrift-protobuf-compare/source/browse/trunk/tpc/src/serializers/avro/AvroGenericSerializer.java

That's part of the benchmark discussed here:

http://code.google.com/p/thrift-protobuf-compare/wiki/Benchmarking

 - Bruce

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Robey Pointer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As part of some performance testing I started doing (here:
> http://github.com/robey/avrotest), I needed to build a list/array of
> structs from inside java. I ended up writing this:
>
>  results.edges = new GenericData.Array[Edge](2,
> results.getSchema().getField("edges").schema())
>
> which is obviously the wrong way to do it. :) It's just the only way I
> could figure out from scanning the java source.
>
> What's the right way to do that?
>
> robey

+
Robey Pointer 2010-04-09, 22:23