Hive >> mail # user >> Hive/HBase integration issue.

Hive/HBase integration issue.
Hi,
Currently I am facing an issue with Hive/HBase integration.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.getGROUPS_COMMAND()[Ljava/lang/String;

StackTrace:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.getGROUPS_COMMAND()[Ljava/lang/String;

    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UnixUserGroupInformation.getUnixGroups(UnixUserGroupInformation.java:320)

    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UnixUserGroupInformation.login(UnixUserGroupInformation.java:243)

    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UnixUserGroupInformation.login(UnixUserGroupInformation.java:275)

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.<init>(Driver.java:273)

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.processors.CommandProcessorFactory.get(CommandProcessorFactory.java:49)

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:131)

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:197)

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:302)

I believe, It is because  of jdk6 backward compatibility. I tried to set -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true. But unfortunately didn't work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Vivek Mishra
Impetus is a proud sponsor for ASCI Tour 2010 (Agile Software Community of India) on Oct 30 in Noida, India.

Meet Impetus at the Cloud Computing Expo from Nov 1-4 in Santa Clara. Our Sr. Director of Engineering, Vineet Tyagi will be speaking about 'Using Hadoop for Deriving Intelligence from Large Data'.

Click http://www.impetus.com/ to know more. Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling