MapReduce >> mail # user >> Combination of MapReduce and Hive

Combination of MapReduce and Hive
Hi
   Can we use a cobination of Hive and MapReduce
Say: I am having a csv file. Ineed to find the mean of a column and replace
the null data with the mean(replace null with mean)
so whether we can write a hive query in driver (to find the mean) then
write a mapreduce block to replace the null with mean.

Which is better way
1. writing only mapreduce code or
2. Use a combination of hive and mapreduce.

--
*Thanks & Regards*

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B
Junior Developer