Flume >> mail # dev >> Java 1.7

Hi everyone,

I was poking around and working on creating a patch to the spool directory source and noticed the pom.xml is setting the java compiler/source version to 1.6.  So I was wondering is there a historical reason to stay on 1.6?   The patch I am working on would rely on some Java 1.7 functionality (new class :: java.nio.file.Files).  I would love any feedback and even up the discussion up if needed on moving to java 1.7.  BTW, a local compilation against 1.7 was fine with no errors.

Thanks
  Phil

Phil Scala
Developer / Architect
Global Relay

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

866.484.6630  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  globalrelay.com