Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.2-rc1

+
Matt Foley 2012-03-19, 18:21
+
Matt Foley 2012-03-23, 02:24
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-03-23, 02:40
Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.2-rc1
Matt Foley 2012-03-23, 06:12
Sorry for lack of clarity; I have now commented in the jira.  I believe
this bug caused Snappy to not be built correctly, which in turn causes MR
jobs to fail if Snappy compression is configured on.
--Matt

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Aaron T. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> I don't understand why this issue is considered a blocker. The JIRA is
> marked (rightly, I think) as an improvement, not a bug.
>
> Can you perhaps explain further why this warrants a new RC?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Aaron
>
> On Mar 22, 2012, at 7:24 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I have to withdraw RC-1, due to a blocker bug found:
> > HADOOP-8201 breaks the Snappy compression/decompression
> >
> > I will regenerate it tonight.
> > Thanks,
> > --Matt
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >> Release Candidate for Hadoop-1.0.2 is now available for vote, at
> >>    http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.2-rc1/
> >>
> >> There are 19 bug fixes and enhancements in this release, including:
> >>
> >> HADOOP-7206. added Snappy compression
> >> HDFS-3075. automatically restore previously failed storage directories
> >> MAPREDUCE-3773. Add queue metrics for bucketized job run times
> >>

> >> Please see the Release Notes for the full list, at:
> >>    http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.2-rc1/releasenotes.html
> >>
> >> Vote will run the statutory 7 days, and close on Monday 26 Mar at
> 11:30am
> >> PDT.
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >> --Matt