HBase >> mail # user >> HBase masters file

HBase masters file
HBase 0.92 used to have a /etc/hbase/conf/masters file, which contained the location of the HBase master. Has this file been removed in HBase 0.94.6? I see the regionservers file, but not the masters file in our deployment.

I also used the zoookeeper-client to browse the /hbase subtree. The /hbase/master znode is missing as well.

Is something mis-configured in our cluster? HBase looks to be functional - and I'm wondering how that is if I can't find any reference to the master node hostname in the configs.

-sudarshan