HBase >> mail # dev >> Porting policy from 0.96+ to 0.94

Porting policy from 0.96+ to 0.94
Hi,

Last time we were talking Lars (H.) raised the issue that we might need a
stable base while 0.96, and its successors are fully baked in for
production use. So, it seems that 0.94 branch releases will be a deployment
target for some time at least on some of the organizations for some time.
We have been backporting a lot of stuff already from trunk into 0.94, but I
want to discuss whether  we should establish an "official" policy of what
should be backported or not. We will definitely want bug fixes in,  but
what about new UI stuff, or integration tests, etc. If we can agree on
general guidelines at least, it will be then easier to decide on a
patch-by-patch basis. What do you guys think?

Enis