Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'

+
Robert Evans 2013-03-25, 18:28
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-03-25, 19:01
+
sandy.ryza@... 2013-03-25, 19:23
+
amareshwari sriramdasu 2013-03-26, 04:34
+
Noah Slater 2013-03-25, 18:36
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-03-25, 18:43
+
Harsh J 2013-03-26, 15:23
+
Jonathan Eagles 2013-03-26, 15:14
+
Steve Loughran 2013-03-26, 08:35
+
Noah Slater 2013-03-26, 09:07
Re: [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'
Robert Evans 2013-03-26, 14:01
Alright you found me out, I am Bobby Tables

http://xkcd.com/327/

On 3/26/13 4:07 AM, "Noah Slater" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Bobby, they're on to us! ;)
>

>On 26 March 2013 08:35, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On 25 March 2013 18:28, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > As per Aaron's request I am starting a new voting thread to make it
>> > obvious that there is a vote happening.
>> >
>> > I propose that we change the term "lazy consensus" to "consensus
>> approval"
>> > (aka s/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi) in the bylaws so that
>>it
>> > matches the terms used in the apache foundation glossary.  No actual
>> change
>> > to our voting would take place, just the term we use to describe that
>> > voting.
>> >
>> > As per the by-laws this would take a "lazy majority" of active PMC
>> members
>> > (although others are encouraged to speak up).
>> >
>> > Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding +1 votes and
>>more
>> > binding +1 votes than -1 votes.
>> >
>> > Voting lasts 7 days, so it closes Monday April 1st (But this is not a
>> > joke).
>> >
>> > I am +1 (binding)
>> >

>> +!, non-binding, with the caveat that my sed skills aren't enought to
>> verify that when the title of this vote is executed it isn't going to
>> insert a mandate that all future work will be done in Perl and Z80
>> assembler.
>>

>--
>NS
+