Hadoop >> mail # user >> Which hadoop version shoul I install in a production environment

Re: Which hadoop version shoul I install in a production environment
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Pablo Musa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Which is the latest stable hadoop version to install in a production
> environment with package manager support?

 The current stable version of Hadoop is 1.0.3. It is available as both
source and rpms from here:

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html#Download
Which is the latest stable hadoop version to install in a production
> environment with package manager support?
Apache Ambari is a new project that can be used to install the Hadoop
ecosystem including Hadoop 1.0.3 and HBase 0.92.1 using rpms and providing
a web-based UI to control and monitor your cluster. They are in the process
of making their first release and we would love to discuss it with you on
[EMAIL PROTECTED].

-- Owen