Accumulo >> mail # user >> Accumulo Configuration Question

+
Parker, Matthew - IS 2013-01-31, 15:19
Re: Accumulo Configuration Question
This doesn't have much to do with your cluster set up, but what does the
monitor say as your jobs are nearing completion and things start failing?
Are there hold times for the table(s) you are writing to?

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Parker, Matthew - IS <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  TWIMC:
>
> I'm new to Accumulo and I've been trying to come up with a good
> architecture for a 20 node cluster. I have been running a map/reduce
> program, and it encounters issues when it comes to running the Accumulo
> section of the code. Once the job's completion rate exceeds 93, it startsdropping 10's ofta
> sks during the process, because they eventually timeout. The completionrate drops back down, but it the
> job eventually finishes. I have a suspicion it's due to the way I have
> the system configured and I wanted to get some feedback as to what's thegenerally preferred
> architecture when installing Accumulo?
>
> Since you have the choice of installing hdfs, map/reduce, and tablet
> servers on any three, the general guideline is to install two per machine
> (data node and table server, or data node and map/reduce) as per the
> Hardware section in the Administration documentation.
>
> http://accumulo.apache.org/1.4/user_manual/Administration.html#Hardware
>
> Does that mean you have one large group of data nodes that's installed on
> the majority of the cluster, or are they somehow split into two groups such
> that map/reduce & hdfs runs on one set of nodes, and Accumulo tablet
> servers and hdfs uses another?
>
> I was wondering whether people would comment on what a working
> configuration might look like?
>
> TIA,
>
> Matt
>
> ------------------------------
>
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are
> addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
> sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are
> solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis
> Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the
> presence of viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused
> by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

+
Parker, Matthew - IS 2013-01-31, 16:19
+
Jason Morris 2013-01-31, 16:44