Hadoop >> mail # dev >> JIRA attachments order

Re: JIRA attachments order
On 09/10/2011 01:32 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
> Regarding patch names, I too agree with Allen that extension should be .txt.
> I do run into patches every now and then which aren't interpreted as text
> files, so there are people out there using browsers that don't properly set
> the content-type.

I have seen .txt attachments that were not uploaded as text.  A better
thing might be to ask folks to check the mime type they've uploaded, as
displayed in Jira, to make sure it's text.  What I do to remove
variability is not click on the patch directly, but always use
right-click and choose "Save Link As" (or your browser's equivalent).

Doug