HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: passphraseless ssh

Re: passphraseless ssh
Am 09.12.2012 13:30, schrieb Riccardo Freschi:

> *I recommend you add the following sentence:*
> remove write permissions from group and other to your home directory and
> .ssh directory.*

Since $HOME/.ssh should never be accessible for anyone but the owner,
nothing has to be remover. In case you've changed permissions for
whatever reason, you have to revert these changes, but this is generally
true for all SSH application.
Best,
Carsten

--