HBase >> mail # user >> hbase corruption - missing region files in HDFS

hbase corruption - missing region files in HDFS
Hello!  I've gotten myself into trouble where I'm missing files on HDFS that HBase thinks ought to be there.  In particular, running "hbase hbck" yields the below message: two regions are "not deployed on any region server" (because there is no file in HDFS for the region), and "there is a hole in the region chain".

(FWIW, I suspect that this problem is due to a recent incident where we ran the cluster out of disk space.)

I'm running 0.92.1, and have been staggering around trying to figure out what procedure I ought to use to correct the problem, but my Google-fu is too poor to have yielded results.  Any pointers would be appreciated!

thanks,
chris
ERROR: Region referrers,com.free-hdwallpapers.www/wallpapers/animals/mici/595718.jpg|com.free-hdwallpapers.www/wallpaper/animals/husky/270579,1354964606745.0c54fe59c58ddd6b34042ec98171bff7. not deployed on any region server.
ERROR: Region referrers,com.free-hdwallpapers.www/wallpapers/anime/mici/78285.jpg|com.free-hdwallpapers.www/wallpaper/anime/wolf-furry/90641,1354964606745.d2451e8db0f2b9546cc42c6d260a2ab8. not deployed on any region server.
ERROR: There is a hole in the region chain between com.free-hdwallpapers.www/wallpapers/animals/mici/595718.jpg|com.free-hdwallpapers.www/wallpaper/animals/husky/270579 and com.free-hdwallpapers.www/wallpapers/entertainment/mici/11840.jpg|com.free-hdwallpapers.www/wallpaper/entertainment/new-moon-bella-and-edward/12951.  You need to create a new regioninfo and region dir in hdfs to plug the hole.
+
Kevin Odell 2012-12-09, 23:00
+
Chris Waterson 2012-12-09, 23:29