Hive, mail # user - Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table

Re: Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table
Keith Wiley 2012-10-19, 06:48
I never needed the -S.  I would just call it with -e, but yeah, that's the basic idea.  The output is gathered in the remaining optional arguments to exec().

On Oct 18, 2012, at 22:15 , MiaoMiao wrote:

> What php, you are using exec('hive -S -e "select * from some_table"')
> or something like that in php?
>
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Keith Wiley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> If I run a select command on the command line with -e it works.  If I run the same command inside hive (without -e) it still works...but if I exec it with a -e from php (so obviously the apache user), I get "Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table [tablename]".  Bear in mind that this overall system worked perfectly for weeks.  I haven't modified the code or anything.  What did change was I had to reinstall hadoop and hive and I'm sure some configuration parameter is not correct now.  I found some Google references to this error but no clear-but solutions.
>>
>> What does this error mean and how do I fix it?
>>
>> Thanks.

                                           --  Yoda