Sqoop, mail # user - Sqoop from/to Oracle

+
Martin, Nick 2013-09-30, 22:32
+
Abraham Elmahrek 2013-09-30, 22:35
+
Martin, Nick 2013-09-30, 22:58
+
Martin, Nick 2013-10-01, 23:11
Re: Sqoop from/to Oracle
Abraham Elmahrek 2013-10-01, 23:31
Nick,

It looks like Sqoop believes the format of the timestamps are incorrect.
Could you please inspect the data you are attempting to import and verify
the columns are aligned and the data is correctly formatted? I believe if
you use the --verbose option, Sqoop will give more details in its own logs
and the tasks logs. Can you post the task logs back here?

Some other information that might be helpful to us is an example of the
data you're trying to export and the schema of the table you're importing
to.

-Abe
On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Martin, Nick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi Abe,
>
>  Just checking in to see if you had any suggestions for me to try?
>
>  Thanks again,
> Nick
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 30, 2013, at 6:36 PM, "Abraham Elmahrek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>   Nick,
>
>  What is the exact command you are using and the exact error you are
> seeing? Also, what version of sqoop are you using?
>
>  -Abe
>

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Martin, Nick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a table I've imported from Oracle into HDFS and now I want to
>> export it into an Oracle Db (import and export table schemas are identical).
>>
>> My initial attempt at exporting from HDFS (using Sqoop) to Oracle failed
>> (data types failures). So, my question is what's the best way for me to
>> accomplish this? My source table is a mixture of NUMBER, VARCHAR, DATE
>> fields. Am I better off importing into a Hive table I define and then
>> exporting into Oracle from there? Or do I just need to do some export
>> formatting in my Sqoop export statement?
>>
>> Any other intel you'd need to make a recommendation?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Nick
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

+