HBase >> mail # user >> hbase as a primary store, or is it more for "2nd class" data?

Re: hbase as a primary store, or is it more for "2nd class" data?
Otis,

It kind of goes back to what I was saying earlier, if FB is using it for
searching your inbox, or storing your chat messages or wall posts, I don't
really think that is important (and really it isn't hehe)

I was just making an observation and wanted to get a feel for what others
think.  Obviously ever tool has its purpose and domain, and I was curious
as to what others have seen in production usage etc.

(I do realize some use cases the data is very important like analytic data
that usually correlates to advertising $$ etc.)