Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta

Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta
On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gang,
>
>  With hadoop-2.0.4-alpha released, I'd like 2.0.4 to be the final of our hadoop-2.x alphas.
> We have made lots of progress on hadoop-2.x and I believe we are nearly there, exciting times!

Indeed!

>  As we have discussed previously, I hope to do a final push to stabilize hadoop-2.x, release a
> hadoop-2.0.5-beta in the next month or so; and then declare hadoop-2.1 as stable this summer
> after a short period of intensive testing.
>
>  With that in mind, I really want to make a serious push to lock down APIs and wire-protocols for hadoop-2.0.5-beta.
> Thus, we can confidently support hadoop-2.x in a compatible manner in the future. So, it's fine to add new features,
> but please ensure that all APIs are frozen for hadoop-2.0.5-beta

Arun, since it sounds like you have a pretty definite idea
in mind for what you want 'beta' label to actually mean,
could you, please, share the exact criteria? Either in the
thread I started a few days ago: http://s.apache.org/da5
or here.

That would be appreciated!

Thanks,