Hi all,

Not sure if this has been brought up before - do we have plan to support Apache Arrow? Given its popularity and momentum recently, we might consider supporting Arrow format for Orc reader and writer. There’s an adapter for Orc C++ reader - https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/master/cpp/src/arrow/adapters/orc but the implementation is inefficient. If we want to better integrate with arrow, we should avoid conversions between ColumnVectorBatch and arrow format.