 From: Uma Maheswara Rao G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Alieh Saeedi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, 4 February 2012, 13:36
Subject: RE: file replication

1- How can I replicate an existing file by an application?
[Uma Ans] : you can just set the replication factor high.
             use the following API for resetting the replication factor from application.
            FileSystem#setReplication

2- Where is the number of replicas for each file saved? I mean how can I find out number of replicas for a specific file?
Regards
[Uma Ans] : FileSystem#getFileBlockLocations should give you the locations where it stored.

Regards,
Uma