Avro, mail # user - GenericDatumWriter.write and the Integer type

+
Mark Hayes 2012-06-09, 15:58
Re: GenericDatumWriter.write and the Integer type
Doug Cutting 2012-06-11, 20:13
On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Mark Hayes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can overrideĀ GenericDatumWriter.write to address this (essentially revert
> to the old code behavior).
>
> But is my reliance on the casting errors, to get cheap validation,
> appropriate?

Relying on a casting error for validation seems appropriate.  Sorry
this change wasn't good for you.  Your workaround seems entirely
reasonable to me.

Doug