HBase >> mail # user >> CatalogJanitor: REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER is empty

Re: CatalogJanitor: REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER is empty
We recently saw some of these warnings in a cluster we were setting up.
These warnings mean there are rows in the META table that are missing one
of the expected columns.  In our case, we verified that these regions
didn't appear to exist in HDFS either and the table itself showed no holes
or problems in hbck or via our application.  After looking at the
timestamps of the other data in these rows in META we determined that the
remaining columns in META had been written on an earlier incarnation of a
table with the same name.  I.e. we created a table once, put data in it,
deleted the table, created a new table of the same name, and apparently not
everything was correctly deleted from META.  I'm not sure how that
happened, but to clean it up we manually removed those rows from META and
didn't observe any more WARNings or problems afterward.  There's another
mailing list thread from some months back from someone with a similar issue
and resolution.  Good luck!

Dave