Hadoop >> mail # user >> NN Memory Jumps every 1 1/2 hours

+
Edward Capriolo 2012-12-22, 04:24
+
Adam Faris 2012-12-22, 04:59
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-12-22, 12:54
+
Michael Segel 2012-12-22, 15:42
Re: NN Memory Jumps every 1 1/2 hours
Do your OOMs correlate with the secondary checkpointing?

Joep

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 22, 2012, at 7:42 AM, Michael Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Silly question...
>
> How long have you had 27 million files?
>
> I mean can you correlate the number of files to the spat of OOMs?
>
> Even without problems... I'd say it would be a good idea to upgrade due to the probability of a lot of code fixes...
>
> If you're running anything pre 1.x, going to 1.7 java wouldn't be a good idea.  Having said that... outside of MapR, have any of the distros certified themselves on 1.7 yet?
>
> On Dec 22, 2012, at 6:54 AM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I will give this a go. I have actually went in JMX and manually triggered
>> GC no memory is returned. So I assumed something was leaking.
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Adam Faris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I know this will sound odd, but try reducing your heap size.   We had an
>>> issue like this where GC kept falling behind and we either ran out of heap
>>> or would be in full gc.  By reducing heap, we were forcing concurrent mark
>>> sweep to occur and avoided both full GC and running out of heap space as
>>> the JVM would collect objects more frequently.

>>> version

>>> with

>>> time

+