HBase, mail # user - Does MapReduce need HBase to be running?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-11-14, 18:51
+
Ted Yu 2012-11-14, 18:54
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-11-14, 19:03
Re: Does MapReduce need HBase to be running?
Suraj Varma 2012-11-21, 08:19
Right - if your map is not accessing HBase at all ... it can be down.
--Suraj

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hum. I'm calling HTables, and doing puts and gets. So it will not be
> working for my scenario.
>
> But if I "simply" need to map the data and output on a file, that
> should be working fine with HBase down, right?
>
> 2012/11/14, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> If your MapReduce job doesn't access HBase, HBase can be stopped.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm wondering, when I run a MapReduce job over the cluster, do I need
>>> to have HBase running? Or I can close it? That will allow me to give
>>> an additionnal 2GB to hadoop instead of giving it to HBase if it's not
>>> used.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> JM

+