From: felix gao [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 6:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: namenode grows overtime

Koji,

There is no Java options specified other than -Xmx24g, what are some of the recommended options for namenode?

Thanks,

Felix

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Koji Noguchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Hi Felix,

Taking  jmap –histo:live <pid> would tell you what’s occupying the heap.

Are you using  UseConcMarkSweepGC?
If yes, and if you see bunch of
  java.net.SocksSocketImpl
  sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl
from jmap histo outputs, try passing    -XX:-CMSConcurrentMTEnabled .

Background: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7113118

Koji