Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Shipping Groovy in Bigtop

Re: Shipping Groovy in Bigtop
While I don't have a strong opposition to the 2 options, aren't there 2
more options here:
3. We detect GROOVY_HOME and let our users download and install groovy
themselves? We do this for Java (albeit, for licensing reasons), however,
pulling in our own groovy just for init-hdfs.sh seems like an overkill.
4. Wrap the groovy script into a jar and run that jar on java instead.

Since init-hdfs.sh is the first groovy script in Bigtop packages, I am
inclined towards #4. If we do end up writing more and more groovy scripts,
then we start bundling in our own groovy.