Hive >> mail # user >> Using hive from a remote machine to run queries

Re: Using hive from a remote machine to run queries
Sorry it was my mistake. Information in hive.log was only marginally useful
but I figured out what the problem was. I did not have the right metastore
on the remote machine I'm running hive on.

2009-08-11 21:03:33,315 ERROR exec.ExecDriver
(SessionState.java:printError(279)) - Job Submission failed with exception
'java.lang.NullPointerException(null)'
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver.addInputPath(ExecDriver.java:701)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver.addInputPaths(ExecDriver.java:756)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver.execute(ExecDriver.java:376)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:357)