HBase >> mail # user >> Deleting range of rows from Hbase.

+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-07-03, 16:46
+
yonghu 2013-07-04, 10:39
Re: Deleting range of rows from Hbase.
It is not supported from shell.  Not directly from delete API also..

You can have a look at BulkDeleteEndpoint which can do what you want to

-Anoop-

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM, yonghu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I check the latest api of Delete class. I am afraid you have to do it by
> yourself.
>
> regards!
>
> Yong
>

> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Like scan with range. I would like to delete rows with range.Is this
> > supported from hbase shell ?
> >
> > Lets say I have a table with keys like
> >
> > A-34335
> > A-34353535
> > A-335353232
> > B-33435
> > B-4343
> > C-5353533
> >
> > I want to delete all rows with prefix A using hbase shell.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rahul

+
yonghu 2013-07-04, 10:59