Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Plain View
HBase >> mail # user >> HBase starting problem


+
Stijn Diependaele 2012-03-21, 10:19
+
Sonal Goyal 2012-03-21, 13:54
+
Stijn Diependaele 2012-03-22, 13:26
Copy link to this message
-
Re: HBase starting problem
Your logs still point to a permissions issue on /hbase, so I would start at
resolving that first thing..

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:76)
   at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1602)
*Caused by: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$AuthFailedException:
KeeperErrorCode = AuthFailed for /hbase
   at org.apache.zookeeper.**KeeperException.creat*e(
KeeperException.java:123)
   at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
Best Regards,
Sonal
Crux: Reporting for HBase <https://github.com/sonalgoyal/crux>
Nube Technologies <http://www.nubetech.co>

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Stijn Diependaele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Thanks for your reply,
>
> Currently I have no special permissions set for dfs, I think it's all
> default.
> It's the root that's running the dfs, same for zookeeper it's also the
> root.
> But for some reason the log from the hbase master is stored in Stijn, which
> is a normal user, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem.
> Normally it should be root that runs it so it should be logged into the
> hbase-root-master... file.
>
> logs/hbase-Stijn-master-HADOOP.domain.be.log
>
> Now I've removed the hbase.keytab and krb5.keytab and I made new ones. Now
> I'm getting a different error:
> And it seems that some problem could be the resolving of the hostname, but
> normally that's configured well.
>
> .....
> .....
> 2012-03-22 14:19:28,166 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session
> establishment complete on server HDP06.domain.be/10.11.12.206:2222,
> sessionid = 0x1363a8fc39d0001, negotiated timeout = 180000
> 2012-03-22 14:19:28,194 ERROR
> org.apache.zookeeper.client.ZooKeeperSaslClient: An error:
> (java.security.PrivilegedActionException:
> javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by
> GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Server not
> found in Kerberos database (7) - UNKNOWN_SERVER)]) occurred when evaluating
> Zookeeper Quorum Member's  received SASL token. This may be caused by
> Java's being unable to resolve the Zookeeper Quorum Member's hostname
> correctly. You may want to try to adding
> '-Dsun.net.spi.nameservice.provider.1=dns,sun' to your client's JVMFLAGS
> environment. Zookeeper Client will go to AUTH_FAILED state.
> 2012-03-22 14:19:28,194 ERROR org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: SASL
> authentication with Zookeeper Quorum member failed:
> javax.security.sasl.SaslException: An error:
> (java.security.PrivilegedActionException:
> javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by
> GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Server not
> found in Kerberos database (7) - UNKNOWN_SERVER)]) occurred when evaluating
> Zookeeper Quorum Member's  received SASL token. This may be caused by
> Java's being unable to resolve the Zookeeper Quorum Member's hostname
> correctly. You may want to try to adding
> '-Dsun.net.spi.nameservice.provider.1=dns,sun' to your client's JVMFLAGS
> environment. Zookeeper Client will go to AUTH_FAILED state.
> 2012-03-22 14:19:28,229 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine: Failed to start master
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed construction of Master: class
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster
>    at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.constructMaster(HMaster.java:1588)
>    at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.startMaster(HMasterCommandLine.java:144)
>    at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.run(HMasterCommandLine.java:103)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
>    at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:76)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1602)
> Caused by: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$AuthFailedException:
> KeeperErrorCode = AuthFailed for /hbase
+
Stijn Diependaele 2012-04-03, 08:03
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB