HBase, mail # user - how many severs in a hbase cluster

Re: how many severs in a hbase cluster
myhbase 2013-06-22, 15:01
Thanks for your response.

Now if 5 servers are enough, how can I install  and configure my nodes?
If I need 3 replicas in case data loss, I should at least have 3
datanodes, we still have namenode, regionserver and HMaster nodes,
zookeeper nodes, some of them must be installed in the same machine. The
datanode seems the disk IO sensitive node while region server is the mem
sensitive, can I install them in the same machine? Any suggestion on the
deployment plan?

My business requirement is that the write is much more than read(7:3),
and I have another concern that I have a field which will have the
8~15KB in  data size, I am not sure, there will be any problem in hbase
when it runs compaction and split in regions.