HBase >> mail # user >> Of hbase key distribution and query scalability, again.

Re: Of hbase key distribution and query scalability, again.
Hi,

Jumping in on this late...

So maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the problem.

In terms of writing data to be evenly/randomly distributed, you would hash the key (md5 or SHA-1 as examples).
This works well if you're doing get()s and not a lot of scan()s.

But on reads, how do you get 'hot spotting' ?

Should those rows be cached in memory?

So what am I missing? Besides another cup of coffee?

-Mike